Home>Non-Emergency Transport

Non-Emergency Transport

non-emergency transport
upper Cleveland Rescue Squad provides non-emergency advance life support (ALS) and basic life support (BLS) transportation to and from local facilities, including atrium health facilities, as well as several other area facilities and programs.
A transport is considered non-emergency if a patent is moving from to or from a health facility, or between health facilities, for medically necessary reasons that are not a direct result of a sudden or unexpected deterioration in the patient's condition, and which do not require immediate management of life, limb or function-threatening conditions. This includes patients being discharged from the hospital but unable to use conventional means of transportation, or those requiring specialized diagnostic and treatment facilities only available at specific hospitals.
Private insurance plans have varying rules and requirements regarding the coverage of non-emergency ambulance services. Virtually every insurance company will require that non-emergency ambulance service be medically necessary and not simply used for the convenience  of the patient or the care of a preferred facility or physician. Often, insurance plans require prior approval, a doctor's signature, as well as a specific origin and destination restrictions. Some insurance plans may not cover any non-emergency ambulance services.
When calling for non-emergency ambulance service, please be prepared to provide basic patient information and the type of service being requested. Request for ambulance transports the an ALC ambulance will require additional information to be provided regarding the patient's condition and treatment required. Upper Cleveland Rescue Squad is committed to providing hassle-free, efficient on-time service for all non-emergency ambulance request. 
Need to arrange a non-emergency patient transport?
Just give us a call 2 weeks prior to the date of transport!
(this will ensure that there is plenty of time to get all of the required paperwork in order)
Call: (704) 538-7911, (Option 1)